TouchBistro is looking for a Commercial Counsel to join our Legal Team. We’re building a world-class Legal Team to enable and support our business as we partner with restaurants to turn hunger to happiness and passion to success.
The TouchBistro Legal Team operates as strategic business partners to the organization and strives to be business accelerators and trusted partners to our internal and external stakeholders.
You will work closely to advise and empower your TouchBistro colleagues from Sales, Product, Customer Success, Finance, Development, and all other teams as we collectively strive to fulfill organizational objectives. You will provide pragmatic and business-minded legal support to stakeholders at all levels of the company, while contributing to enhance the planning, implementation and enhancement of operational processes, platforms, and tools.
- Own the commercial legal process from intake to execution; meeting or exceeding internal SLOs, and managing SLO tracking and reports
- Serve as a primary counsel and trusted partner in supporting our Sales team to drive and close significant customer wins and develop material commercial partnerships
- Advising on the negotiation, drafting and completion of a broad range of commercial contracts including NDAs, sales contracts, software licensing agreements, commercial order forms, professional services agreements and others, ensuring that each is aligned with company policies and the broad organizational goals
- Collaborate with InfoSec to complete privacy assessments for applicable commercial transactions, and surface issues relating to privacy and data security to ensure deal structures and documents support company privacy practice
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding a myriad of commercial transactions
- Maintain and update template agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives
All About You
- JD Law Degree and bar admission in good standing in at least one province in Canada
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a strong background in commercial law either at a top tier law firm or in-house; software technology transactions and intellectual property experience are a plus
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and drafting skills in a wide variety of deal settings
- Sound business judgment, an ability to evaluate, manage and balance risk with business needs, and a desire to make decisions
- Ability to simplify and explain complex legal ideas and frameworks
- Highly organized, with strong communication skills and a preference for writing over talking
- Team player who embraces responsibility, thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment and is willing to make decisions
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with a keen attention to detail
Nice To Haves
- Privacy and cybersecurity experience or interest is a plus
- Experience working in a start-up or entrepreneurial atmosphere is highly desirable
- Experience negotiating B2B SaaS and software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, and reseller agreements for technology companies
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Company equity
- Generous PTO policy
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Monthly lunches
- Summer employee appreciation days
- Parental leave & top up
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Home office setup assistance
- Beautiful, brand new office spaces in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ), Vancouver, NYC, LA, and Chicago
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
For applicants who are California residents, California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully.