Lawyer │Condominium Development
Lash Condo Law is a growing boutique condominium law firm in Toronto representing condominium corporations and condominium developers.
We are looking to fill two positions for experienced condominium lawyers to join our growing condominium development team.
We offer a collegial workplace that embraces technology and a variety of remote/office working options. We are committed to excellence and deliver high-caliber work, focusing on client service. Our firm recognizes that successful associates need proper resources and room for growth. When you’re dealing with a busy practice, it’s good to know that you have a supportive firm behind you.
Condominium Development work includes:
· land acquisition;
· corporate structuring, including use of limited partnerships and joint ventures;
· assess Tarion’s and HCRA’s applicability to project;
· advice on condominium development projects, including:
§ standard condominiums, including modifying unit boundaries and phasing,
§ vacant land condominiums,
§ common element condominiums,
§ condominium conversions, and
§ leasehold condominiums.
· prepare purchase agreements and disclosure documents (if required pursuant to the Condominium Act).
· acquisition financing,
· construction financing,
· registering security relation to Tarion bonds;
· excess condominium deposit insurance;
· acting as escrow agent for purchaser deposits.
Assisting with development process:
· complete application for land titles absolute;
· review site plan agreements and other development agreements;
· clearing conditions of draft approval (condominium/subdivision);
· negotiate and register easements;
· register condominium/subdivision;
· complete sales (Unit/Lot/Block); and
· assist with the Turnover Meeting.
· cost sharing agreements (municipal and private)
Senior Condominium Development Lawyer
The position would be suitable for a senior lawyer (4+ years’ experience) who has experience with all aspects of condominium development projects.
Intermediate Condominium Development Lawyer
This position would be suitable for an intermediate level (2-4 years’ experience) who has experience working in condominium law. Preference will be given to those with direct development experience.
Skills required for both positions: Condominium law experience is essential, and candidates must be capable of working independently and have carriage of files; be able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete on schedule; and dealing directly with clients and working with rest of team for support in other areas of our practice.
Mandatory: Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
Salary: Competitive salary including full benefits and generous bonus structure.
We are looking to hire immediately.
Interested candidates should forward CV and cover letter in strict confidence to Denise Lash via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and not later than October 15, 2022.
Lash Condo Law welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. It is important to our firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming, supportive, and respectful.
Remote work arrangements can be made within the Province of Ontario.
Reasonable accommodations are available on request for any candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of this selection process.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com