This is an exciting opportunity to join the legal team of Simplex Legal LLP, Epiq’s affiliated law firm!
Are you ready to practice law on your own terms in a flexible, innovative, and remote environment? We are, first and foremost, about people –our team and our clients. Our approach provides clients with practical, business-oriented advice and our lawyers with flexible opportunities for sophisticated work and career growth in a team-oriented environment. We are actively seeking lawyers to join our cohort so, if you’re a talented, experienced, curious lawyer looking for a different way to approach law, we’re hiring!
Who We Are
As a Canadian law firm, we are focused on changing the legal landscape for Canadian lawyers. We offer clients the freedom to choose how they engage our firm while providing our diverse legal talent with challenging work for sophisticated clients without sacrificing flexibility or control.
Our lawyers have benefited from the training and experience that “big law” provides and most have spent time in an in-house environment. They are self-motivated, use plain language, offer practical business advice and are comfortable working both remotely and on-site when needed. The ability to work in (or willingness to learn!) a tech-enabled environment is a must.
What We Need
- 5+ years of legal experience, preferably in both a law firm and in-house corporate legal department.
- General commercial experience including interpretation, drafting, review, and negotiation of various types of contracts; contractual and enterprise risk assessment and mitigation; reviewing and assessing corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience with technology transactions including technology transfer, IP licensing and IP law.
- Experience drafting and negotiating development, collaboration, licensing, supply chain, outsourcing, and technology services agreements.
- Experience conducting IP due diligence.
- Experience advising clients on IP ownership, protection and licensing strategies in a variety of industry sectors, such as software, semiconductors, internet/e-commerce, life sciences, automotive, aerospace, and consumer products.
- Experience establishing and executing on IP strategy and building a portfolio of patent assets and trademark assets.
- Experience establishing IP training programs.
- Member of Le Barreau du Québec.
- Bilingual French is an asset.
What We Offer Employees
- Remote work environment.
- Benefits package.
- Lifestyle Allowance which can be put towards professional development, gym or sport membership, personal training, social membership or tools to make your work easier.
- Reimbursement for law society and professional liability fees.
We are at the forefront of the evolution of the practice of law, come and join us!
Simplex Legal is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Apply on LinkedIn here
Apply on LinkedIn here