Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
Senior Corporate Counsel--Canada
The Senior Corporate Counsel--Canada will join the growing legal team and will support a varied array of the Company’s fast growing businesses while also interacting with and supporting various groups across the company. As the principal in-house counsel in Canada, the successful candidate will possess a strong generalist background including commercial, corporate, and employment matters. Contracting will include support for FBN’s internal procurement team, real estate and facilities teams, marketing, IT teams, HR and recruiting. The successful candidate will have broad exposure to FBN’s diverse business activities and educational and growth opportunities beyond the primary focus.
- J.D. Degree. from top Canadian or U.S. law school. Strong academic credentials.
- Must be a member of good standing of a provincial bar, preferably Alberta.
- 5-7+ years experience, preferably including at a law firm. In-house experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry, especially with respect to the marketing, sale and distribution of agricultural inputs (crop protection and seed) is preferred but not required.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and business needs.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment.
- Real estate (warehouse facility and office) experience strongly preferred.
- Experience as legal partner to HR on Canadian recruitment, retention, workers compensation and employment matters.
- Familiarity with technology transaction license agreements preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the organization (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including finance, marketing, sales.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt and contribute to a constantly evolving business.
- Familiarity with contract management systems and demonstrated commitment to document management best practices.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please fill out this form.
Apply online here
Apply online here